As specialist experts to the welding industry, we can assist and advise you on all your welding requirements, welding standards and specifications whether above or below the waterline. We are authorised through Zurich to carry out Third Party Organisation (TPO) work relating to the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED). Zurich laboratories are approved under the following;
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012 - Conformity assessment. Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
Welding Procedure Approval and Quality Documentation Reviews
We can write/develop all your welding procedures (WPS), advise on all relevant codes and standards/specifications. Produce QA/QC documentation and provide working instructions for any welding application, no matter how large or small.
Welder Qualifications & Assessments (approved Zurich Insurance Welding Surveyors)
We offer formal welder qualification testing to a wide range of National and International standards for all fusion welding processes on a wide range of materials. We also offer welder assessments and competence appraisals prior to testing, to ensure standards are met.
On Site Services, General Help & Advice
Our services are available as a ‘hands-on’, or a more formal ‘technical engineering’ approach; you decide which one, or we'll be happy to offer you both.
- Assessment of contract documentation & design reviews.
- Technical advice on producing sound welds.
- Co-ordination and control of welding related operations.
- Technical representation at meetings with client.
- Writing welding procedures and qualification testing of welders.
- Technical assessment of contractors.
Visual inspection and non-destructive testing.
- Welding coordination tasks and responsibilities (BSEN ISO 14731: 2006)
- QA/QC procedures (ISO 3834)
- NDT, including Dye Pen, MPI and visual welding inspection
- Establishment and maintenance of welding quality requirements.
- Writing and auditing quality systems under BSEN ISO 3834 standards.
- Assessment of subcontractor's quality systems.
Material Selection & Testing
Advice on material selection and behavioral effects of composition variation with particular materials.
- Mechanical testing for welding qualifications and for investigative purposes.
- Material analysis and corrosion testing.
- Metallurgical investigation
- Investigation of weldability problems and failure analysis.